Looking back on 2017, it was a big year for major breaches and cyberattacks. The success of ransomware went mainstream, which lead to increasing cases of ransomware attacks.
Now that 2018 is here, we’ll continue to see the development of ransomware attacks, which will deeply impact the productivity and security of organizations. Here are some predictions for additional vulnerabilities in store for businesses this year.
- Political motives on the rise: Expect to see ransomware motives that are for political gain rather than just commercial.
- Increased sophistication: Security solutions will need to adapt faster than ever to keep pace with increasingly sophisticated ransomware.
- Expanded targets: Hackers are no longer just going after big business. While the statistics vary, most show a significant increase in attacks on small businesses.
- Focus on customer data protection: Customers are walking away from businesses that suffer cybersecurity breaches. To thrive, businesses will need to not only stay ahead of evolving threats, but also keep pace with updated regulation and compliance standards.
- Internet of Things (IoT) integration fueling threats: Hackers are finding new ways to get into your network through unprotected devices, including everything from point-of-sale machines and intelligent vending machines to smart home and vehicle devices.
While the concern for cybersecurity attacks will continue to rise in 2018, we’re committed to protecting your data and your business. Our VizionCare Secure, Managed Service Security Solution, can dramatically reduce your chance of suffering a severe breach with 24/7 active monitoring.
Contact us today at (402) 327-1880 for more information about VizionCare Secure.